Board Member Recruitment
The Board of Brant-Brantford Crime Stoppers is a working board, and the membership is currently seeking three (3) additional qualified individuals to join our charitable board.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate for the mission, vision & values of Crime Stoppers
- Experts in one of the following areas: governance, organizational development, fundraising, government acumen, entrepreneurship, media and donor relations.
- Avid to work as a team player to achieve strategic goals.
- Diverse as it relates to business acumen, geographical representation, and diverse backgrounds
- Dynamic philanthropists & community leaders
Brant-Brantford Crime Stoppers wants to promote a culture in which individual differences, talents and strengths are recognized, appreciated, and respected. In addition to the qualifications outlined above, the charity is also seeking the following candidates, preferred skills, experience and business acumen:
- Strategic planning experience
- Cultural sensitivity and community engagement
- Knowledge and experience in board governance, audit and risk
- Knowledge and experience in program development for corporate sponsorships
- Board experience (not-for-profit and for-profit) or a strong willingness to learn how the board operates
- High level of integrity and duty to the protection of the local community
- Young professionals within the community who are keen to help make the community a better place for all.
Qualified candidates Must
- Successfully pass a Police Criminal Records Check
- Prepare for and attend the Board Meetings
- Foster a positive working relationship with Board Members
- Offer meaningful contributions, expertise and experience necessary to guide the program to continued success.
- Understand the goals and objectives of Crime Stoppers
- Participate and represent the charity at events
- Dedicate time to their assigned committee
- Be able to roughly offer your spare time to support the board in achieving its goals
Interested candidates are encouraged to follow the link below to be directed to our application page. We advise that you read our ‘About Us’ section on the website and get a better understanding of what our charity does and how we help make our community a safer place for all. If you have any issues or queries relating to our posting feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we will respond in a timely manner.
We’d like to thank all applicants for their interest in Brant-Brantford Crime Stoppers.