How donating to Crime Stoppers helps our charity achieve its goals and mission:
- Today there are over more than 950 Crime Stoppers programs worldwide, each chapter is dependent solely on generous tips from local community members and companies that help us to effectively operate and help tackle crime within our local community.
- Our expense base is driven largely by Telephone (Receiving TIPS), Software licenses, Audit and Accounting, Indemnity insurance, Web hosting and Program Advertising/Materials. Without generous donations from people such as yourself, we’d not be able to effectively continue to help make our community safer for all.
- Crime Stoppers is an all-volunteer CRA approved NPO, we’d not be able to help combat crime in our local community if it wasn’t for your direct funding and the volunteers which help ensure that your generous donations are effectively helping make our community a safer place.
- Our donation form to the left-hand side offers a secure option to donate to Crime Stoppers. There are multiple payment methods you can choose, all of which are safe to use and are established payment processing companies such as Stripe and Paypal. Any card information you input will not be seen by Crime Stoppers, we will only get the funds in which you donate along with your name should you chose to leave one.
Tax Deductible Receipts:
- Crime Stoppers Brant-Brantford’s donation form will generate an e-receipt confirmation to the donor along with a direct receipt and response from our Treasurer.
- Canada has a two-tiered credit system, which means:
- You get a 15 percent non-refundable federal tax credit for the first $200 of donations for the year.
- You get a 29 percent federal tax credit for donations beyond that $200 threshold.
In addition to that, each province offers its own charitable tax incentives that can be claimed along with federal tax credits, helping you get more money back. You can claim the amount shown on your charitable donation receipt. The maximum donation amount you’re able to claim in a year is 75 percent of your net annual income.